Announcement

Collapse

NEW NFPS WEBSITES & EMAIL

In order to serve you better we have moved our websites to the following domain names:

Papiao: https://papiao.is

NFPS Main Site: https://iptvprivateserver.is

NFPS Website Hispana: http://servidoriptvprivado.is

NFPS Foro Hispano: http://servidordeiptv.is

E-Mail: [email protected]
See more
See less

Attn: NFPS pls read -- VOD not working on smart stb

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn: NFPS pls read -- VOD not working on smart stb

Been trying to work out why VOD isn't working on smart stb and after couple weeks they said to send this to the provider

We see "unauthorized request" errors in the error log for your TV. We saw the same/similar errors with few other providers either giving out this or MPEG-TS stream with an message It seems the links by your provider are Temporary links tied to the IP address. Could you please ask your provider to process/parse the IP inside X-Forwarded-For / X-Real-IP that we send out or open port 88 (Apache backend) - this can solve the problem. Please note that the Smart STB app is seen as "proxy" with strict security settings while your TV accesses the Media URL directly and thus providing different IP and causing "Unauthorized" errors like this. More info for the Service Provider:

If you are the Service Provider and want your clients to watch from the Smart STB app on their smart TV's then please read on. If you have setup your Portal as per the official instructions from Infomir wiki.infomir.eu/doku.php/en:stalker:install_and_configure

Then you only need to open port 88 on your server to allow the Smart STB app to work with all TV streams, Timeshift and VOD properly. If you use custom Portal Solution (for example bundled with Xtream Codes) then you need to read the X-Forwarded-For or X-Real-IP data that all TV's using the app are sending out. If you use other custom solution please make sure that you haven't disabled access for third party devices - check the config for "disable_third_party_devices" - it must be set to "false". Here is some more info that may help you: smart-stb.net/index.php?_url=/kb/for-providers/providers-iptv-vod-radio-streaming-service-does-not-work-on-smart-stb-how-to-fix Let us know if this helped you. Kind regards, Smart-STB dev team.

Kind regards, Smart-STB support team.

Originally posted by Pitbullracin View Post
    Been trying to work out why VOD isn't working on smart stb and after couple weeks they said to send this to the provider

We see "unauthorized request" errors in the error log for your TV. We saw the same/similar errors with few other providers either giving out this or MPEG-TS stream with an message It seems the links by your provider are Temporary links tied to the IP address. Could you please ask your provider to process/parse the IP inside X-Forwarded-For / X-Real-IP that we send out or open port 88 (Apache backend) - this can solve the problem. Please note that the Smart STB app is seen as "proxy" with strict security settings while your TV accesses the Media URL directly and thus providing different IP and causing "Unauthorized" errors like this. More info for the Service Provider:

If you are the Service Provider and want your clients to watch from the Smart STB app on their smart TV's then please read on. If you have setup your Portal as per the official instructions from Infomir wiki.infomir.eu/doku.php/en:stalker:install_and_configure

Then you only need to open port 88 on your server to allow the Smart STB app to work with all TV streams, Timeshift and VOD properly. If you use custom Portal Solution (for example bundled with Xtream Codes) then you need to read the X-Forwarded-For or X-Real-IP data that all TV's using the app are sending out. If you use other custom solution please make sure that you haven't disabled access for third party devices - check the config for "disable_third_party_devices" - it must be set to "false". Here is some more info that may help you: smart-stb.net/index.php?_url=/kb/for-providers/providers-iptv-vod-radio-streaming-service-does-not-work-on-smart-stb-how-to-fix Let us know if this helped you. Kind regards, Smart-STB dev team.

Kind regards, Smart-STB support team.
    There is another member who uses this (cant think of his name, will look for your other thread) and i was able to have someone test this and i believe i sent you a pm regarding that the VOD did work? I thought it was you?
    IPTV RESET & DONATION CHECKER

Donate for IPTV Service

Order Status

Private Message

Comment

Yes Nightmare it was me, but we had different tv models so not sure if that comes into play or not. But on same tv simple iptv and smart iptv do not play vod's also

Comment

It might have something to do with 'redirect'. I am not sure, i do not use any of those. I will see what i can find out. Have you tried all portals? Did you bypass your router and go directly to your modem?

Donate for IPTV Service

Order Status

Private Message

Comment

nfps said before it was cause of redirects, but didn't know if was redirects on server were issues or the app -- which smart stb said also that the above is to make it work with redirects -- smart stb works fine with another provider when tried a free trial from them -- we tried changing servers a few times when you were helping me with it but for some reason we were having issues with getting on portal 1 or 2 if i remember correctly kept saying stb blocked for some reason -- im on portal 5 right now which remember you did say it was having some vod issues but then you tried a friends samsung tv and it worked

Comment

I can only say if it does work for others, and it did work when i was able to try it out that there wouldnt be a problem with redirects. NFPS would know more about this.

Donate for IPTV Service

Order Status

Private Message

Comment

Have a samsung series 6 tv and smart-stb works for me, live, vod, adult on portal 2

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
                It might have something to do with 'redirect'. I am not sure, i do not use any of those. I will see what i can find out. Have you tried all portals? Did you bypass your router and go directly to your modem?
                only get switched between portal 4 and 5 any time i switch it just goes back between those -- also tried hooked directly to modem no router or anything and still get the message server unavailable

Comment

Which mac are you using? The virtual mac or the tv mac? When i saw it working, we were able to jump from portal to portal, but the way he was changing the portal was from the smart stb website and we were using the virtual mac, not the tv mac.

Donate for IPTV Service

Order Status

Private Message

Comment

I dont know if it would matter which mac you use. I am only trying to throw out some other things to try out.

Donate for IPTV Service

Order Status

Private Message

Comment

Which mac are you using? The virtual mac or the tv mac? When i saw it working, we were able to jump from portal to portal, but the way he was changing the portal was from the smart stb website and we were using the virtual mac, not the tv mac.
                      im using i think its called normalized mac -- where it uses first 6 like mag unit and last 6 of the tv mac -- might try playing with the mac later on when feel like trying it again

Comment

I dont know if it would matter which mac you use. I am only trying to throw out some other things to try out.
                        Well I'm pretty sure it's something on my end or with the J series tv not working properly but they can't seem to figure it out and state the first post needs to be done and followed, which I'm sure it is if others are having no issues. Just sucks, especially in times like now when iks is down, that none of the apps play vod's (ss iptv, smart iptv or smart stb). If could get any of them to work would be great.

edited: also tried actual mac and virtual mac with no luck -- also tried servers 1,4 and 5 so I'm sure it's something with J series and smart stb.

Comment

Is this the only way you have to connect? No android? No mag or any other box?

Donate for IPTV Service

Order Status

Private Message

Comment

Is this the only way you have to connect? No android? No mag or any other box?
                            for now yes it is -- i was using small home media pc (kodi) but it went out and no other pc close to that tv -- so stuck with the apps on it or iks

Comment

I don't own a tv like you have but is there anyway to use a M3u playlist? I am only asking for my reference.I need to learn something today so i can call it a productive day.
                              https://papiao.is/main/search_nfps

Comment

Working...
                              X