Announcement

Collapse

NEW NFPS WEBSITES & EMAIL

In order to serve you better we have moved our websites to the following domain names:

Papiao: https://papiao.is

NFPS Main Site: https://iptvprivateserver.is

NFPS Website Hispana: http://servidoriptvprivado.is

NFPS Foro Hispano: http://servidordeiptv.is

E-Mail: [email protected]
See more
See less

With P2 Down, Can't Switch Portals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@NBS:
    Hmmm...interesting. OK..well I suppose context and intent are in order in this case.

First, as both and end-user/consumer of the service, and as a professional who has been involved in numerous transaction-based database/account authentication projects, I was offering what I felt was a constructive criticism (shortcoming) of how the Change Portal function seems to work under the conditions those of us on P2 foiund ourselves at the time it went down, not as a personal; attack on the peeps providing the service, nor as a personal affront to you, whom I've observed to be a valued member of this forum and the sister site, where I've followed/read and continue to read your posts. In fact, several of your posts regarding BuzzTV boxes were instrumental in my decision to purchase that brand over the other 2 leading contenders, for use with the NFPS IPTV service.

Second, in hindsight, perhaps a reference from me in my original post, by way of suggestion, that maybe an improvement to what appears to be a deficit in how the Portal Assignment/Account Validation and Portal Switching process works under the unique conditions myself and others experienced them with P2 recently would have been a more proactive way of offering what was meant as constructive criticism of how the transaction-based mechanism appears to work.

I suppose given the environment I work in, I have become a bit "conditioned" to speak in such direct terms, as an engineer/developer and surrounded by like-minded individuals who contribute to similar design remedies and solutions, eerily similar to what I speculate may be in play with the current Portal Switching/Validation transaction-based system. It's one of many common things I deal with often in my profession. That said, it's still on me to communicate more effectively while away from my profession, even when it seems like I'm not.

Equally important to me -- I would rather be part of the solution vs part of the problem, and if requested by staff, will provide input to that end.

Thanks!

P.S., P2 seems to be working pretty good again, with a few oddities here and there, but overall, it's seems good again.

Comment

• Dodgeit
      Dodgeit commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, how i have missed the colorful posts lol.

I guess im old school where if tv was hit you waited patiently for the fix and used your back up...lol

Comment

I'm still freezing up on p2

Comment

@Dodgeit:

We aim to please! LoL

Comment

• Dodgeit
          Dodgeit commented
          Editing a comment
          Good Job !!!!! lol

Originally posted by jropps View Post
        Regarding the issue with Portal 2...

I've pinged portals 1 thru 5 and all except p2 are replying, so I tried to switch portals in the donation checker, and it keeps erroring out with the red banner and white text saying "Failed to chage IPTV Portal, please try again later." (I'm guessing "chage" was accidentally misspelled in the automated donation checker page warning error, and was supposed to be "change").

Anyway, is there an alternate way to switch away from the bad P2 and onto P1, P3, P4, or P5 since they are at least replying to pings?
        Thx!
        Same issue with mine. On P2, I cant even play the emulator, I need that for my occasional out of town work. I was on previously on P4 and when started freezing, I tried to change portal and changes to P2, now Im stuck on it.

Comment

Working...
        X