Announcement

Collapse

NEW NFPS WEBSITES & EMAIL

In order to serve you better we have moved our websites to the following domain names:

Papiao: https://papiao.is

NFPS Main Site: https://iptvprivateserver.is

NFPS Website Hispana: http://servidoriptvprivado.is

NFPS Foro Hispano: http://servidordeiptv.is

E-Mail: [email protected]
See more
See less

FREEZING ALL CHANNELS & VOD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREEZING ALL CHANNELS & VOD

MAG 254 - Supposedly 10 Mbps -

I am experiencing it is 3:40 pm PDT but it has been going on for some time freezing on all channels and also on VOD.

Tried 15 or 20 channels and 3 movies and the same it would play for a couple of seconds and then freeze for a few seconds and repeat.

Did a tracert on the servers P 2,3,4 using my script and here is a sample of the results

03:43 PM
    Thu 08/09/2018

Tracing route to p2.iptvprivateserver.tv [104.25.195.102]
    over a maximum of 20 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms <1 ms XXX,XX,XXX,XX
    2 24 ms 20 ms 20 ms 200.76.XXX.XXded.telnor.net [200.76.XXX.XX]
    3 28 ms 31 ms 31 ms bb-la-grand-8-hge0-5-0-2.uninet.net.mx [201.154.106.154]
    4 24 ms 25 ms 25 ms ffm-b11-link.telia.net [62.115.32.37]
    5 26 ms 39 ms 46 ms cloudflare-ic-328257-las-b21.c.telia.net [62.115.61.149]
    6 24 ms 26 ms 23 ms 104.25.195.102

Trace Complete

So the times between hops if anything are very fast so if I am the only once experiencing this than I havn't got a clue - if others are experiencing it then perhaps they are working on the servers or if not should be!

@ Emulator:

I noticed ur next-to-last hop is going thru cloudfare....are u by chance using 1.1.1.1 or 1.0.0.1 in ur DNS? I tried using those a while back on a MAG254 and on a BuzzTV xpl3000, both with latest firmware/app updates and both hard-wired to a 100Mbps connection, and had mixed results, mostly not good, as in similar to the problems u posted. After reverting back to Google's public DNS and my ISP's DNS, the majority of those issues went away.

Moments ago, out of 5 trace-route tests, my ms times between hops are nearly identical to the ones u posted, with only a few ms faster on all but one hop.

Edit: Forgot to mention I've been on P1, P2 and P3, but never P4 or P5, and the aforementioned results were applicable across P1 thru P3.

Comment

I went back around 6 pm PDT and watched all is back to normal - freezing went away.

I'm using 4.4.4.4 or 8.8.8.8 which as you know are Google DNS servers.

I'm envios a 100 Mbps connection!

I'm also hard wired to my router/modem (Telnor which is my isp provides a combo unit) but right now the max service available is 10 Mbps and their are no alternatives to Telnor DSL.

The price is around $388 Pesos a month and that includes my land line phone with the only charges being if I call the states. $388 pesos = about $21 us and there is no cap on usuage.

I did tracerts on p2,3 and 4 and results were all similar I didn't bother with p1 or p5 but I imagine I would get similar results.

edit:

Forgot to mention that my MAG 254 is loaded with V3 the original that came with it a couple of years ago. Since it works w/o problems and some of their updates have been skettchy to say the least I never changed it. You can go back to other versions if you don't like their latest software but once you overwrite v3 you can't go back to it. MAG sat on the shelf for around 2 years and I used my T5 Dreamlink and it was good but it died and so I dusted off my MAG254 and it has been working since I plugged it in.

Comment

I thought google dns was 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4. I think, you should be able to see the dns server via the network settings of the device you are using? I will have to check that on my device later. 10mbps! Ouch! Not familiar with your ISP, but for most, the dns would need to be changed within the router or gateway, im sure you know this, but just in case.

Comment

My bad Google public DNS is 8.8.8.8. OR 8.8.4.4. and I had setup my pc's to use them but I checked on my device (Mag254) and sure enough I was using my IPS or Telnor's DNS servers.

But it is working well now so when that happens I am reluctant to change anything (If it ain't broke why fix it). So for now I'll leave it be and see how it goes

Comment

If it aint broke, dont fix it. I dont think you can manually change it within your device (mag 254) It would need to be changed through the GUI of the router. If that router is provided by your ISP, not all gateways provided by the ISP allow the change of the DNS server. If that is the situation you are in, if you put your gateway provided by your ISP in bridge mode, and you have your own router behind it, you can change settings in your router.

Comment

Working...
            X