Announcement

Collapse

NEW NFPS WEBSITES & EMAIL

In order to serve you better we have moved our websites to the following domain names:

Papiao: https://papiao.is

NFPS Main Site: https://iptvprivateserver.is

NFPS Website Hispana: http://servidoriptvprivado.is

NFPS Foro Hispano: http://servidordeiptv.is

E-Mail: [email protected]
See more
See less

Different EPG problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different EPG problem

My EPG problem is that it doesn't show the channel numbers. It just shows the numbers 0 through 9. Also, the time is in a 24 hour format rather than 12 hour. I've got a Mag254 running R10 software on portal P5, but I had this problem even when I was on P2. It's been like this for quite awhile - is there anything I can do ? Thanks.

No responses at all ? Am I the only one in the community who has this problem ?

Comment

Kens i had to delete your post because i could not edit the links.If you want the post back up i can put it up but you have to delete the links.
      https://papiao.is/main/search_nfps

Comment

Same here can't find a solution

Comment

So, is this an unsolveable problem ? If it is, I may as well get another service, because not having a workable EPG isn't very useful. Is there a Moderator who might have something to suggest ? Would contacting Papiao help ?

Comment

Try switching to another portal
            https://papiao.is/main/search_nfps

Comment

I've had the same problem for months. Updating firmware (R10 to R14) did not solve the problem. Switching portals did not solve the problem. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgeit View Post
                Try switching to another portal
                Well, thanks for the reply but it doesn't look like that's going to work. I didn't really expect it to because I had the same problem even when I was on a different portal. And judging by the response that came after yours from Gary, changing portals didn't work for him either. There seems to be at least a few of us who have this problem. Do you have any other suggestions or know somebody else who might ? There has to be a solution to this. Thanks again.

Comment

You can try a factory reset from the bios menu and see what happens.
                  IPTV RESET & DONATION CHECKER

Donate for IPTV Service

Order Status

Private Message

Comment

Just an update to this post....

It seems a rare number of users are having this MAG254 EPG problem where the guide displays incorrect programming info and the channel numbers are listed as 0 to 9 on every page in the EPG instead of the actual channel numbers.

I've attempted the following to correct this:

IPTV Reset
                    Portal change
                    firmware upgrade (R10 to R14)
                    Factory reset through the BIOS (at which point the firmware was further upgraded to R19)

None of these things worked. The EPG is still incorrect and still displays channel numbers 0-9 on every page of the guide.

In the past couple weeks I subscribed to 1-day trials of two other IPTV services. With one of these the EPG worked like it should. On the other service I had the same issues as with NFPS and the guide didn't work and showed channel numbers 0-9.

This appears to be a MAG254 problem, rather than an issue with NFPS or any specific provider.

There doesn't seem to be a solution to this and I (and anyone else with this issue) will have to purchase a new box.

Comment

Did your mag somehow get the video settings messed up and it is zoomed in and all you are seeing is the 0-9?
                      when you select a channel does the number show up right on the screen like if watching 105 and then select 106 without using the guide ?

Comment

Video settings were set to defaults with the BIOS factory reset. The guide looks normal other than the correct channel numbers aren't there and are replaced by channels 0-9. The stations are in the right order in the EPG display and the names of the stations are there (TBS, CNN, etc.), but most of the channels have no guide info. Those that do the info is wrong. You can't select a channel from within the guide -- it just doesn't work.

It's the same with both the 'normal' EPG and the transparent version. Just channels 0-9 on every page and what program info that's there is wrong.

Comment

I've been experiencing the same issue on 3 MAG254's running r14 ever since the "first" new portal changes occurred earlier this year. I've tried resets, portal changes, and even tried r18 firmware on one of the MAG254 STB's, but nothing fixes this anomaly, which was NOT present on the aforementioned 3 STB's with the old portals/url's. This weird EPG problem was also accompanied with the loss of volume control via the left (Volume Down) and right arrow (Volume Up) buttons on the remote (but the dedicated Vol + / Vol - buttons do work), and the loss of the Setup button on the remote (except if going to YouTube App from Menu, then pressing the setup button, it will work from there but not from anywhere else like it used to). It's as tho the new channel lists have screwed up everything that used to work quite well.

I haven't posted about the weird EPG topic issue here by the OP yet due to the sheer number of peeps who have been reporting/complaining about it here and elsewhere, but now that it's summer time, and no effective solutions have been developed, I figured I'd better add my $.02 too.

These anomalies plus the EPG data for channel 182 not even being close to what's playing at any time slot throughout the day or nite all seem to have occurred on numerous MAG254 STB's about 4-6 months ago, and still haven't been effectively addressed, even tho posters in this thread and elsewhere have made these issues known. Very frustrating.
                          Last edited by jropps; 06-23-2017, 01:14 AM. Reason: Added reference (speculation) to new channel lists/devices supported as possible contributors to the problem vs just new portals / url's

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
                            Video settings were set to defaults with the BIOS factory reset. The guide looks normal other than the correct channel numbers aren't there and are replaced by channels 0-9. -- it just doesn't work.

It's the same with both the 'normal' EPG and the transparent version. Just channels 0-9 on every page and what program info that's there is wrong.
                            Did you try contacting the manufacturer info mir ? They might be able to help you

Comment

Originally posted by jropps View Post
                              I've been experiencing the same issue on 3 MAG254's running r14 ever since the "first" new portal changes occurred earlier this year. I've tried resets, portal changes, and even tried r18 firmware on one of the MAG254 STB's, but nothing fixes this anomaly, which was NOT present on the aforementioned 3 STB's with the old portals/url's. This weird EPG problem was also accompanied with the loss of volume control via the left (Volume Down) and right arrow (Volume Up) buttons on the remote (but the dedicated Vol + / Vol - buttons do work), and the loss of the Setup button on the remote (except if going to YouTube App from Menu, then pressing the setup button, it will work from there but not from anywhere else like it used to). It's as tho the new channel lists have screwed up everything that used to work quite well.

I haven't posted about the weird EPG topic issue here by the OP yet due to the sheer number of peeps who have been reporting/complaining about it here and elsewhere, but now that it's summer time, and no effective solutions have been developed, I figured I'd better add my $.02 too.

These anomalies plus the EPG data for channel 182 not even being close to what's playing at any time slot throughout the day or nite all seem to have occurred on numerous MAG254 STB's about 4-6 months ago, and still haven't been effectively addressed, even tho posters in this thread and elsewhere have made these issues known. Very frustrating.

I know a bunch of people who have the same issues , it would be great to have a solution.

Comment

Working...
                              X