Announcement

Collapse

NEW NFPS WEBSITES & EMAIL

In order to serve you better we have moved our websites to the following domain names:

Papiao: https://papiao.is

NFPS Main Site: https://iptvprivateserver.is

NFPS Website Hispana: http://servidoriptvprivado.is

NFPS Foro Hispano: http://servidordeiptv.is

E-Mail: [email protected]
See more
See less

Different EPG problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I also noticed the issues with the lack of a volume control button and the deactivation of the remote's setup button at the exact same time these EPG problems started. I also noticed at the same time the removal of the requirement to type in your donation number after an IPTV reset (or even after a BIOS reset), although I don't know if that's an NFPS change that all users are experiencing or just the users with this MAG254 problem.

I'm not sure, however, that this can be completely attributed to NFPS since, like I said, this same issue is appearing with different (but not all) IPTV providers on this same MAG254. How could an NFPS update corrupt some MAG254s to the point where they experience EPG problems with non-NFPS providers?

Comment

@Gary:
      Interesting...I don;t have any alternate iptv providers to test or compare experiences with to confirm the experiences you've posted about, but maybe the iptv "providers" who are providing services via the same or similar means as NFPS are either sharing the same co-opted sources or the same server farm / software-driven portal designs/implementations that cause these anomalous behaviors to manifest themselves so similarly like they have? Pretty weird and disappointing to think that there's nothing that can or will be done about it though!

Comment

I submitted a support ticket on the Infomir site. I'll post back here when/if I get a reply.

Comment

Originally posted by jropps View Post
          I've been experiencing the same issue on 3 MAG254's running r14 ever since the "first" new portal changes occurred earlier this year. I've tried resets, portal changes, and even tried r18 firmware on one of the MAG254 STB's, but nothing fixes this anomaly, which was NOT present on the aforementioned 3 STB's with the old portals/url's. This weird EPG problem was also accompanied with the loss of volume control via the left (Volume Down) and right arrow (Volume Up) buttons on the remote (but the dedicated Vol + / Vol - buttons do work), and the loss of the Setup button on the remote (except if going to YouTube App from Menu, then pressing the setup button, it will work from there but not from anywhere else like it used to). It's as tho the new channel lists have screwed up everything that used to work quite well.

I haven't posted about the weird EPG topic issue here by the OP yet due to the sheer number of peeps who have been reporting/complaining about it here and elsewhere, but now that it's summer time, and no effective solutions have been developed, I figured I'd better add my $.02 too.

These anomalies plus the EPG data for channel 182 not even being close to what's playing at any time slot throughout the day or nite all seem to have occurred on numerous MAG254 STB's about 4-6 months ago, and still haven't been effectively addressed, even tho posters in this thread and elsewhere have made these issues known. Very frustrating.
          Thanks to you jropps and Gary for documenting the problem much better than I originally did. I was starting to think I was the only one bothered by this problem. I'll be checking this thread regularly to see if any progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
            I submitted a support ticket on the Infomir site. I'll post back here when/if I get a reply.
            When I mentioned to Infomir that this EPG problem was apparent with 2 of the 3 providers I tested, I receive the following reply:

"This means that the problem is with the provider. We are not responsible for the operation of external portals."

It doesn't sound like there'll to be any help from them with this issue...

Comment

Originally posted by gunfighter View Post
              So, is this an unsolveable problem ? If it is, I may as well get another service, because not having a workable EPG isn't very useful. Is there a Moderator who might have something to suggest ? Would contacting Papiao help ?
              There is no correct EPG - been that way for over a year;

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
                Don"t hold your breath!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
                  You can try a factory reset from the bios menu and see what happens.
                  Factory reset is useless for most problems.

Comment

Originally posted by ian29 View Post

Factory reset is useless for most problems.
                    the factory reset is very useful if and only if you know what you are doing, I'd have to say if it didn't work for you, well you don't know what you're doing

Comment

There hasn't been any activity on this for awhile. Is this it ? Are we stuck with this problem ? Does the provider not care ? Would upgrading to a T1 help ?

Comment

Got a new tv and my epg in stalker was just showing a single digit, what fixed it was on the remote there was a button; p-size, it had 16x9 selected, there was a choice for 4x3 and fit to screen, selected fit to screen and all is good on the epg now.

Comment

Working...
                        X