Announcement

Collapse

NEW NFPS WEBSITES & EMAIL

In order to serve you better we have moved our websites to the following domain names:

Papiao: https://papiao.is

NFPS Main Site: https://iptvprivateserver.is

NFPS Website Hispana: http://servidoriptvprivado.is

NFPS Foro Hispano: http://servidordeiptv.is

E-Mail: [email protected]
See more
See less

M8S II Jittery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M8S II Jittery

Got an M8S II S905X expecting it to have smooth picture. No luck. Many of the channels "jitter" (more like constant micro freezes, I don't really know how to describe it). I can watch the same channel using Kodi on an old laptop with no problem. Anyone got any ideas what settings might need to change? TV is new, have tried a few HDMI cables in case that was it, and internet connection is strong and stable.

Strong and Stable seems to suggest you are using Wifi. Would you be able to try Hardwire Ethernet?
    Are you using the KODI app on the M8S as well?

Comment

In android settings, display settings, make sure you are set to the proper resolution for your location (North america 60hz/720 or 1080)
      In kodi go to System Settings, / Video - Note* - in bottom left corner click Setting Level to Advanced.
      Click Acceleration and turn off Hardware acceleration.
      May help
      /kens
      I am not a "BOT"!

Comment

Originally posted by panda View Post
        Strong and Stable seems to suggest you are using Wifi. Would you be able to try Hardwire Ethernet?
        Are you using the KODI app on the M8S as well?
        Have tried hardwire ethernet too and the result is the same. My wifi is within one room of the router and the signal is stable and strong.
        Using the Kodi app. That's why I'm thinking I have to change something in the settings.
        I see there is a post from kens, so on to that one.
        Thanks for replying.

Comment

Originally posted by kens View Post
          In android settings, display settings, make sure you are set to the proper resolution for your location (North america 60hz/720 or 1080)
          In kodi go to System Settings, / Video - Note* - in bottom left corner click Setting Level to Advanced.
          May help
          /kens
          I have tried 60hz both 720 and 1080, and there is also an option in the M8 settings to default to the best available resolution. Tried all of them.
          I will try your hardware acceleration suggestion (not home at the moment). That's the kind of input I'm looking for. Somewhere in settings there will be a tweak.
          Thanks for replying.

Other: I also got hold of a better grade HDMI cable so I will try that too.

I guess my main point is, the M8S II should be good enough to provide a smooth picture. Panda and kens (and anyone else reading this thread), can you confirm this is the case or are you just offering me suggestions based on your experience with Kodi and other boxes?

Comment

I do not have a M8S.
            I do have a MXIII, which is essentially a same box (From what I've heard). I have not tested it in a while. I can provide feedback based on that. But if you are not having an issue with KODI on the laptop, you shouldn't on the M8S. Wonder if there are some hardware issues with your receiver.

Comment

I have 2 M8S STB's The earlier version (I think it was just an M8) had constant jitter and slow performance. (they had 1Gb ram)
              M8S has 2Gb and there is no problems.
              /kens
              I am not a "BOT"!

Comment

Thanks all! I have the M8S 2Gb. Turning off acceleration did the trick and got rid of jittery picture. Good input from everyone here - thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by kens View Post
                  May help
                  /kens
                  Thanks Kens!! The video acceleration trick fixed my problem also. It was working great then all of a sudden it was way off sound wise and jittery. Drove me crazy for a week. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                  X