Announcement

Collapse

NEW NFPS WEBSITES & EMAIL

In order to serve you better we have moved our websites to the following domain names:

Papiao: https://papiao.is

NFPS Main Site: https://iptvprivateserver.is

NFPS Website Hispana: http://servidoriptvprivado.is

NFPS Foro Hispano: http://servidordeiptv.is

E-Mail: [email protected]
See more
See less

Amazon FireTV Stick (2nd gen - QuadCore) for IPTV

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon FireTV Stick (2nd gen - QuadCore) for IPTV

I've just finished testing the FireTV Stick, using Perfect Player and the NFPS m3u Playlist for accessing the IPTV service.
    Quite Impressed.
    If any users are wondering about this platform and how to get it going, I will be posting a video Tutorial as soon as I find a method of recording the FireTV screen ($#&*^%#*%).
    A few pointers ...
    - You need to install ES File Explorer and Perfect Player from the appstore.
    - You need to go to settings /device /developer options /unknown sources -ON /ADB debugging -ON
    Use ES File explorer to import through your network to a file sharing enabled PC, your m3u playlist. (or you can enter the external URL)
    (I recommend using the modified template m3u playlists posted in the m3u Playlist section, so your guide will populate fully)
    Below is a link for Perfect Player on Android STB's (a little different than the fireTV in operation, but the same to set up.)
    /kens
    I am not a "BOT"!

What would be the difference regarding the quite impressed statement? Stability I guess?

Comment

Quality of Video performance in regard to streaming data freezing due to processing and memory resources.
      * (This is a 1Gb ram memory device)
      Application speed of functions (Channel changes, Guide loading, ability to load a 6300 channel m3ufile in 2sec's, etc.)
      Wifi connection sensitivity.

Overall performance of the platform using Perfect Player, compared to a high end PC w/ 8Gb ram and SSD Drive running Kodi w/ PotatoTV.
      This thing compares in quality and performance ...and its only as big as a fat thumb drive!
      So Yah ... It impressed me.
      /kens
      I am not a "BOT"!

Comment

Thanks for the answer, though I have only the first gen. Fire Stick, I'll check how it works.

Cheers!

Comment

Kens is there a way to block or use a password for the adult channels

Comment

Yes.

Set “Lock channel/group” in context menu for selected channel/group.
            Set Settings->GUI->PIN code.

Here is a link to a video (Language is ??? - but you will get it)
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwcDZtYMUQY&vl=en

/kens
            I am not a "BOT"!

Comment

Kens thank you for the help.. It worked a couple a days. How do i copy and paste on a fire stick

Comment

Amazon store - Install ES File Explorer.
                To Copy - go to directory with file. long press on the file and a check mark will appear. Go down and select copy.
                To Paste -go to directory for the file. Go down and select Paste.

*In settings, turn on Hidden Files /Folders

For transfer across network (pc for example), On pc, go to directory you want to make accessable, right click and then "Share as" (or you can share the c:\ directory)
                In ES File explorer, click network or LAN, then click Scan. It will scan for discoverable devices. Click on PC (If password protected, enter info), then copy and Paste as above.
                /kens
                I am not a "BOT"!

Comment

Thak you Kens for your help. Works great.

Comment

I got this working but my guide doesn't work. Is it because I used the perfect player that is available through firetv directly? I didn't see the link to the android version of perfect player in your post anymore.

Comment

Same program.
                      At the left of the screen, (top of your channel list) is the Genre (All Channels, Movies etc.).
                      Click the little square icon to the right (Sub-Menu).
                      Click " EPG- Show EPG ".

Sorry, left that out of Video, I think...
                      /kens
                      I am not a "BOT"!

Comment

Thanks. I see the guide now, but its not populated for some reason, its just empty. Ill have to play with it more when I have time. But so far, the video has been working rather well. Not much buffering.

Comment

• kens
                          kens commented
                          Editing a comment
                          In the settings for the EPG URL address, there is an update period setting.
                          Change it to "Upload at each Update"
                          /kens

Any updates or step by step to setting it up on the fire stick, cause i'm getting gray hairs trying to follow your vid....

Comment

• kens
                          kens commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You should use a custom playlist made from a template (m3u section). Modify as per instructions in that section and save to the FireTV.
                          *You can use the link generated for you by the server, but it is a huge file.
                          Use my guide URL address, not the yahyabell from video as it is no longer active.
                          The default for the EPG is to Hide the EPG, so open the sub menu from the EPG Window.
                          Click the menu button on remote, (button with 3 lines).
                          Click EPG Show EPG.

/kens

Many have used the exact same video.I don't know of any easier way then watching a video.
                        https://papiao.is/main/search_nfps

Comment

anyone else have a purple vertical line in the EPG menu with perfect player and firestick 4k setup?

EDIT: nevermind i emailed the dev and he said thats to show the current time

Comment

Working...
                          X