Announcement

Collapse

NEW NFPS WEBSITES & EMAIL

In order to serve you better we have moved our websites to the following domain names:

Papiao: https://papiao.is

NFPS Main Site: https://iptvprivateserver.is

NFPS Website Hispana: http://servidoriptvprivado.is

NFPS Foro Hispano: http://servidordeiptv.is

E-Mail: [email protected]
See more
See less

What is the default playlist?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is something else you should know Harry.

Using the m3u Playlist option , you will have two ways to connect to the server.

One way is how you are doing it by downloading a hard copy of the .m3u file and loading it thru USB device.
    There is only really one advantage in using this method and that is you can edit your playlist, because after all it is a hardcopy

With the Playlist on your desktop open it with Notepad and then you will see a massive amount of data appear. These are the channels and VODs
    You can delete channels or arrange channels or even rename channels.
    It is a massive amount of work thou and can be daunting
    I have done alot of this over the years and do have some copies if you are interested, but we would have to do that thru private messaging.
    Or I can explain how to do it on your own, if you wish

Okay, so there is that. But the main disadvantage of using a hardcopy is that when the server updates the channels, perhaps adding or removing some channels and maybe add some VODs,
    You will not see these updates while using the hardcopy, unless you get a fresh copy of the m3u playlist hardcopy. And if you have alot of clients, well that could be troublesome, if you follow my thinking.

The second method is thru the m3u Playlist URL, which will give you the server updates automatically.
    You would not be able to edit anything, but the channels and VODs will always be updated and that is done automatically.

With either method, the EPG URL does work.

Comment

Originally posted by six degrees View Post
      Man, I appreciate all the info, especially that bit at the end about the advantages/disadvantages. I didn't know that. I'm gonna be entering URL's from now on. Thanks for the instructions. I'll be sure to try it on my next one.

Comment

Originally posted by six degrees View Post

This all seems like alot of work just to bypass the need to type these URLs out in full form in those lines, but this is rather easy once you have it all setup and can be way to confirm there are no mistakes in typing the entire URL manually.

It takes more time to read this entire posted tutorial, then it does to do the actual process,,
        I did it. This is exactly what I was looking for (even more now that you told me it's best to use url login for auto-updates).
        I'm glad you gave me all this detailed info, also regarding the mouse. Good thing my buzzbox has two usb ports. I did have to switch to my regular remote to make navigation easier. I usually just use the arq100. btw, one thing I noticed was that I could not get the epg url to paste until finally I typed in anything in the field and then highlighted over it and the CUT, COPY, PASTE options appeared. The left click was not working for me.

Thanks again, dude! You've been a big help.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Baules View Post

one thing I noticed was that I could not get the epg url to paste until finally I typed in anything in the field and then highlighted over it and the CUT, COPY, PASTE options appeared. The left click was not working for me.

Thanks again, dude! You've been a big help.
          Nice work, yea
          I had noticed the same thing when using the BuzzTV device. I think when I wrote up that guide it was with a different device. Each device probably has a thing or two slightly different.

I saw something else too that will save some time, and that is you can find the Total Commander app in your App Store onboard the Buzz box.

App Store > Categories > Tools > Total Commander

Comment

Using IPTVSmarters directly loaded on my Samsung TV. Is there a way to load a playlist file (m3u) in that type of use case?

Comment

Originally posted by IPTVPersonalUse View Post
              Using IPTVSmarters directly loaded on my Samsung TV. Is there a way to load a playlist file (m3u) in that type of use case?
              I believe that you have to pay for Smarters Premium to have that capability.

Comment

Working...
              X