Announcement

Collapse

NEW NFPS WEBSITES & EMAIL

In order to serve you better we have moved our websites to the following domain names:

Papiao: https://papiao.is

NFPS Main Site: https://iptvprivateserver.is

NFPS Website Hispana: http://servidoriptvprivado.is

NFPS Foro Hispano: http://servidordeiptv.is

E-Mail: [email protected]
See more
See less

A question for nfps - freezing / buffering issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for nfps - freezing / buffering issues

One issue that seems to continue on and on and on is what most describe as FREEZING problems.

I have experienced very little freezing with IPTV but have had a substantial amount of buffering issues especially during prime time viewing. I am not sure if my definition which follows is correct and whether it makes a difference to what might help resolve the problem if those reporting can distinguish between the two issues.

IF MY EXPLANATION BELOW IS INCORRECT PLEASE PROVIDE US WITH THE INFORMATION SO THAT THE AVERAGE VIEWER CAN DISTINGUISH BETWEEN THE TWO PROBLEMS:

FREEZING

If you are experiencing freezing then the programming you are watching will stop for whatever the amount of time is and when you get the picture back you will have missed out on any content between when the freezing began and where it started again, or the clock will have continued to advance and all content between where it stopped and the time that it returns will be gone. e.g.

video freezes at 00:28:15 and when it comes back up a few minutes later you are now watching the video beginning at 00:31:20 - so the three minutes and five seconds content is lost and the video continues on from the current timeline.

BUFFERING

With buffering issues your video stops at 00:28:15 and I believe in most cases you will see that the system is "loading" however in the case of buffering issues when the video comes back it will continue from the point that the interruption occurred or it will start again at 00:28:15. You will not have lost any of the content as it will begin again where it stopped.

I don't have the technical knowledge to understand the various factors that cause each of these separate problems but I believe they are different and that there is a difference as to whether the problem is being caused mostly by the provider's server the internet route between the server and the customers receiver or the ability of the customers isp to provide the bandwidth necessary for the streaming product at the customers end of the route.

NFPS

This site has so little meaningful information regarding these types of issues and since this particular issue has been posted over and over again since the service began perhaps you can provide some meaningful information as to cause and possible cures or partial cures if they exist and address each of these issues both freezing and buffering it there is actually anything that the member can do which might mitigate the problem.

looks like this iptv or nfps service is going of buzz. i went got another backup just enjoy something without freezing.

Comment

I too would like to know if there is anything I can do on the customer end. As a retailer... I can't affored to have my customer continually asking me what's happen to this and that channels....why are they buffering all the time....

Comment

IPTV Streaming is different than watching a movie from a movie source like Exodus or Primewire/1Channel.
        First an explanation about the buffers for each.

The buffer for IPTV streaming is a small Active Ram memory buffer that is used mainly for data stream irregularities and data errors, and also used as a data "cushion" area to accommodate differing data rates associated with channel changes.

The buffer for Streaming movies and TV shows is a Storage or "Disc" buffer that is much larger, and can cache usually up to 15min. of Video data.

IPTV streaming buffer is controlled by the Backend software with the server. Each users ID and Channel request is received and placed in a queue of all users (this process is scaleable, and can be increased to accommodate traffic loads) , and data packets for each ID are sent out to the middleware (Client). The buffer is designed to work at a 40-60% fill ratioo. If there is a data glitch and the buffer goes below 40%, you get Freezing and buffering msg.

The data control for streaming of a movie, is controlled by the program the user is using to access the movie site. If you pause a movie, the stream will continue to be received until the buffer is full, then a message is sent to the server to stop the stream at a certain Data Frame. Upon restart of watching the movie, the Buffer empties to a certain point and sends a request to the server to resume date transmission at a certain Data Frame.

Now you can understand why you cannot increase your IPTV Buffer size to accommodate the buffering.
        The Server doesn't take "Requests" LOL

/kens
        I am not a "BOT"!

Comment

• EMULATOR
          EMULATOR commented
          Editing a comment
          A few questions

You refer too two different types of streaming content. IPTV streaming and Streaming movies - are they not both IPTV??

1. IPTV streaming where the buffer is a small Active Ram memory that is used mainly for data stream irregularities...

Q. is this memory located within the IPTV RECEIVER ON THE USERS END and if so does the size of the memory within the unit decrease buffering problems as the size of the memory increases.

2. The buffer for Streaming movies and TV shows is a Storage or Disc buffer that is much larger and can.....

Q. Again are we referring to extended memory or a disc attached to the users receiver and will using a micro sd memory card or usb external disc decrease buffering problems.

Trying to understand the buffering issues and whether there is anything that can be done in order to lessen the problem. I experience it primarily during PRIME TIME hours and rarely experience it if I am watching during off hours such as 2 or 3 AM .

Is this due to the server load during prime time or is it due to traffic along the route from the server to the iptv receiver??
          or a combination of both??

Kens, thanks for your informative post.

Comment

Oops! Sorry Em,

I neglected to mention, and incorrectly assumed, that we were discussing the KODI system of IPTV reception (using the Stalker Middleware Client (PVR)).
          My bad....

Most Emulators and STB's (IPTV Receivers), are MAG's or Emulate the MAG. MAG's support Stalker and a few other Backends.

Your specific problem would relate to IPTV Streaming and that type of buffering and control. I now see you were referring to watching a VOD movie, and since I do not use these devices, I can only assume they are streamed out similarly to the movie description (ie: control by the client (somewhat)). Though the buffer size is probably quite small.

Sorry for the mistake.
          /kens

PS: The provider has acknowledged a problem with this and posted an Announcement.
          I am not a "BOT"!

Comment

Thanks kens,

You are correct - I have a mag 254, an Avov TV Online + and a DL T1 and primarily use the T! and the problem I was referring too was primarily a VOD issue using the T! for reception.

For Live TV I am still using my T5 and the old service which generally works without any problems for me.

I will check out the announcement forum and see what he posted as you said probably I will find an acknowledgement of the problem and not a solution put perhaps after all these years I will be surprised and see more.

thanks again,

edit added:

Well I checked out his message and does not pertain to my problem! I have been experiencing this buffer problem (not freezing) for quite some time way before the date of the freezing problem he announced and since I am primarily using the service for VOD the problem I am experiencing is a buffering issue primarily during prime and near prime hours. I rarely use the iptv service for the so called live content as still find IKS provides me with a more stable service for regular programming and channels..

Comment

You should do a dsl speed test during the time you are having the problem.
              I have seen this with many users that have bandwidth packages in the middle and low range download bandwidth.
              Depending on your neighborhood node, if there is a lot of bandwidth usage, many ISP's "throttle" down customer bandwidth to accommodate the over capacity.
              Most of these contracts state Max. Bandwidth, but there is usually a minimum Bandwidth spelled out that the ISP has to provide.

I saw a 6mb. package throttled down to 200Kb. & 12Mb set down to 1.2Mb.

(** Speeds like this can effect IPTV but may not get noticed streaming a movie)
              /kens
              I am not a "BOT"!

Comment

Originally posted by kens View Post
                You should do a dsl speed test during the time you are having the problem.
                I have seen this with many users that have bandwidth packages in the middle and low range download bandwidth.
                Depending on your neighborhood node, if there is a lot of bandwidth usage, many ISP's "throttle" down customer bandwidth to accommodate the over capacity.
                Most of these contracts state Max. Bandwidth, but there is usually a minimum Bandwidth spelled out that the ISP has to provide.

I saw a 6mb. package throttled down to 200Kb. & 12Mb set down to 1.2Mb.

(** Speeds like this can effect IPTV but may not get noticed streaming a movie)
                /kens
                I am VERY familiar with dsl speed tests and regardless of what your local isp bandwidth is and what it tests out as you can still experience freezing and other issues due to congestion that occurs during any of the hops along the route from the providers service to your receiver. This can be seen just by changing the ISP you use for your speed test and also the location to the server that you are choosing for the test.

Doing a Trace Route to the server can often help identify whether the internet logjam is occurring with your local isp or at other areas along the route. There are also other tools available that can help. A TRACERT is from your location to the server and the route that the server uses to send the data to you may be quite different.

Somewhere I still have a copy of the url's of the speed test sites from zeta (fta) and as soon as I find them I will post them in a separate thread.

Comment

Great.
                  Good info to Post as a Sticky since this new site has none of the info. from the old site.
                  Thanks /kens
                  I am not a "BOT"!

Comment

is there anyway to stop the buffering on iptv with kodi all HD channels buffer

Comment

• Dodgeit
                      Dodgeit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Make sure you go to settings/video/acceleration/ and turn off hardware acceleration.

• swiss876
                      swiss876 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you Sir

Usually if it only occurs on HD channels, it may be your equipment.

I always recommend a 2gb ram android box with Quad processor, or a Win PC with 4Gb ram.

Lower speed processors and small ram devices running kodi either cannot keep up with the data rate, or Kodi , the addons, and the O/S use up most of the available ram.

Since you did not state your platform, that's all I can add to your predicament.
                    /kens
                    I am not a "BOT"!

Comment

Please clarify

when you say "movie channels" are you referring to the so called live tv and what was referred to as the premium channels such as HBO and showtime and similar that have a large amount of movies in their lineup or

are you referring to the Video on Demand or VOD which is entirly composed of Movies.

Also you is this freezing happening at peak hours or all the time regardless of the hour PEAK = 4-5 pm to around 11pm your local time

Many confuse freezing and buffering issues and they are different and the cause can be different - Are you experiencing FREEZING OR is it a BUFFERING PROBLEM - The difference between the two is in the first post of this thread!

Comment

Working...
                      X