Announcement

Collapse

NEW NFPS WEBSITES & EMAIL

In order to serve you better we have moved our websites to the following domain names:

Papiao: https://papiao.is

NFPS Main Site: https://iptvprivateserver.is

NFPS Website Hispana: http://servidoriptvprivado.is

NFPS Foro Hispano: http://servidordeiptv.is

E-Mail: [email protected]
See more
See less

Any tutorial (or your help) on how to apply and use M3U withing my donation/receiver?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tutorial (or your help) on how to apply and use M3U withing my donation/receiver?

Please, I need your help, folks!

I don't know anything about M3U playlist, in particularly how they work and to integrate them with my IPTV receiver and donation, but I am willing to learn.

My donation checker says I am using MAC address for authentication. It also says if I wanted to use M3U playlist (which I don't know where to go from there - I will be lost), I will need to blank out (remove) my current MAC address, then what?

I would love to try to use playlist because I'm hearing positive things about it, but I have no clue what will happen and what to do once I go that route.

Thank you kindly for sharing your insight.

You are using Mac authentication now, what stb are you using? The channels will be no different from using Mac authentication

Comment

I am using Dreamlink T2 (I meant T1) but I will be using Formuler Z8 tomorrow. I'm not sure what will happen (or is expected that I do) once I blank out my MAC address. I really do not know anything about using or applying M3U playlist.

Comment

Here is a C/P from Crazed

Mytv2 Portal options can be found in the Connections menu.

There are 10 Portals that can be set up with the MAC linked methods.
        With each Portal including entry slots for:
        -Portal Nickname
        -Portal URL
        Also included is option login requirements, select no or leave blank with supported services.
        EPG Mode
        EPG Offset
        Group Channel Numbering
        Connect
        https://papiao.is/main/search_nfps

Comment

Thank you for your help, Dodgeit. I followed your steps exactly and it worked like a charm! Now, I am encountering an issue. I am unable to set this STB to auto connect to NFPS portal like I had it with the DLT1. Every time I restart the Z8 I have to go through the cycle of the Market>MyTV2>Open, then select the portal manually. Maybe I am not using the Launcher Settings correctly. Any idea if the latest firmware is the culprit?

Comment

Originally posted by lousk View Post
            Thank you for your help, Dodgeit. I followed your steps exactly and it worked like a charm! Now, I am encountering an issue. I am unable to set this STB to auto connect to NFPS portal like I had it with the DLT1. Every time I restart the Z8 I have to go through the cycle of the Market>MyTV2>Open, then select the portal manually. Maybe I am not using the Launcher Settings correctly. Any idea if the latest firmware is the culprit?
            I have no idea i don't own one.But this is one of the reasons i like the T1+ or T1.

Comment

If your using Z, why do you need a m3u player? Put your mac address on your donation. Go to my tv on line, put in p?.iptvprivateserver.tv and your good to go.
              you may have to go into settings and change the channel numbering on or off. I have only set up a Z once.

Comment

You are probably correct, Terrain. I believe the problem is that I don't understand what does M3U playlist do in IPTV and what is it good for, and the incentive for having (that's because I don't understand it). I read a lot about it everywhere but I keep betting confused more and more. I figure to try it myself to experience what all this hype is about and to learn something new. Is it possible to help me understand in layman term, like what would be the difference if I use it or not on some IPTV receivers - is it just like having a 'Favourite' channel list? What is exactly the advantage for using it or not using it. Granted, you said if I'm using Z I would not need it and I sincerely believe you because you know this stuff. Please explain what does Z have that other STB don't have. Why most other users that prefer to using a playlist instead of the service provider list of channels? I don't know why I find the subject so confusing.

I did what you suggested in your post except going to settings. What would it do if I go to Settings and change the channel numbering on and off; what should I expect to happen? Please forgive me, again I don't understand the entire concept of playlist, I only know it in MP3 audio and know how to use it or compile the files on MP3 players.
                Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by lousk View Post
                  You are probably correct, Terrain. I believe the problem is that I don't understand what does M3U playlist do in IPTV and what is it good for, and the incentive for having (that's because I don't understand it). I read a lot about it everywhere but I keep betting confused more and more. I figure to try it myself to experience what all this hype is about and to learn something new. Is it possible to help me understand in layman term, like what would be the difference if I use it or not on some IPTV receivers - is it just like having a 'Favourite' channel list? What is exactly the advantage for using it or not using it. Granted, you said if I'm using Z I would not need it and I sincerely believe you because you know this stuff. Please explain what does Z have that other STB don't have. Why most other users that prefer to using a playlist instead of the service provider list of channels? I don't know why I find the subject so confusing.

I did what you suggested in your post except going to settings. What would it do if I go to Settings and change the channel numbering on and off; what should I expect to happen? Please forgive me, again I don't understand the entire concept of playlist, I only know it in MP3 audio and know how to use it or compile the files on MP3 players.
                  Thanks in advance.
                  Users use a playlist because they are using a android or a pc that don't have their own app.When you purchase a box like the Z i believe they have their own app.I don't have one but if it's not called DOL they it maybe called MOL.For instance if you buy Buzz or Formuler or T2,T1 these have their own app and there is no need to use a playlist.Using a playlist you don't have a guide or you use one that a member updates.But if you use a box that has a app for iptv you will have the provider guide.If you were using a T1 then the Z should set up the same way (without using a playlist).

Comment

Did you get your Z set up?

Comment

Originally posted by Terrain View Post
                      Did you get your Z set up?
                      Yes, I did set it up successfully in under 2 minutes (amazingly fast compare to my DL1 slow and sluggish). So many features I haven't had a chance to explore yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X