Announcement

Collapse

NEW NFPS WEBSITES & EMAIL

In order to serve you better we have moved our websites to the following domain names:

Papiao: https://papiao.is

NFPS Main Site: https://iptvprivateserver.is

NFPS Website Hispana: http://servidoriptvprivado.is

NFPS Foro Hispano: http://servidordeiptv.is

E-Mail: [email protected]
See more
See less

channel change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• channel change

I use a MAG 254, and changing channels can be frustrating. Some channels take as much as 20 seconds to come on. I have seen on other IPTV set-ups it takes about 2 seconds for a channel change - no blue line, change, and picture come on.

The last software update from Infomir was January 2015. I believe Infomir says an update is coming, and NFPS should liaise with this entity to expedite this update.

Originally posted by clerview View Post
    I use a MAG 254, and changing channels can be frustrating. Some channels take as much as 20 seconds to come on. I have seen on other IPTV set-ups it takes about 2 seconds for a channel change - no blue line, change, and picture come on.

The last software update from Infomir was January 2015. I believe Infomir says an update is coming, and NFPS should liaise with this entity to expedite this update.
    This is most likely because the severs are farther away and the channel buffers before it comes on.

Comment

Then how will NFPS correct this problem?
      One does not exactly know where these servers are.
      Comment

Comment

Originally posted by clerview View Post
        Then how will NFPS correct this problem?
        One does not exactly know where these servers are.
        Comment
        Well i'm sure they are not next door.To me anyways.I see the same, it takes a bit to change channels on any box i have used.i tried the service on a android,avov,T1,Mag and have run it on a computer through Kodi and channel changes are the same slow.So it makes no difference what box is used.I think it's more of a buffer but it really don't matter to me about the channel changes as long as it works problem free and i don't have any complaints it works good when i need it.Except there are a few channels are down at times but thats to be expected.There is always something to watch.I have found the T1 seems to work the best.Also has the best picture even on the sd.

Comment

Well, friend, I wish someone from NFPS could come in with a comment

Comment

I have an 2 Android STB and a Win7 setup. All run KODI 16.1. with this Service.
            Internet Bandwidth is 65Mb. 40Mb is used for my "Subscr service".

All 3 IPTV, plus 2 Tablets running at the same time, and my channel switches on the Android STB's are less than 4 sec's. and the Win7 is about 2.
            I'm in eastern Canada.

My recommendation is you do an Internet speed test to see if you are getting what your provider is supposed to deliver. (During primetime, many providers "Throttle" down users to accomodate capacity).
            If that does not show a problem, do a Ping/Trace test to your IPTV URL Address.

I also suggest you get an Android STB with quad processor, and 2Gb Ram. Load KODI and ... don't look back!
            /kens
            I am not a "BOT"!

Comment

Originally posted by kens View Post
              I have an 2 Android STB and a Win7 setup. All run KODI 16.1. with this Service.
              Internet Bandwidth is 65Mb. 40Mb is used for my "Subscr service".

All 3 IPTV, plus 2 Tablets running at the same time, and my channel switches on the Android STB's are less than 4 sec's. and the Win7 is about 2.
              I'm in eastern Canada.

My recommendation is you do an Internet speed test to see if you are getting what your provider is supposed to deliver. (During primetime, many providers "Throttle" down users to accomodate capacity).
              If that does not show a problem, do a Ping/Trace test to your IPTV URL Address.

I also suggest you get an Android STB with quad processor, and 2Gb Ram. Load KODI and ... don't look back!
              /kens
              Channel changes are slow compared to other services i have seen working.Channel changes are almost instant.

Comment

I dont use MAG stb's, but I have used Mag emulators and I switched to Kodi just because of the slow channel changes.
                I have always said Mag's are woefully lacking in resources for IPTV since the channels are increasing resolution/bit rate.

Check the MAG section for any info regarding your problem. Your latent channel switching speed of up to 20 sec is unacceptable so there must be a tweak to fix it, or your box itself has a problem.
                /kens
                I am not a "BOT"!

Comment

Working...
                X