Announcement

Collapse

NEW NFPS WEBSITES & EMAIL

In order to serve you better we have moved our websites to the following domain names:

Papiao: https://papiao.is

NFPS Main Site: https://iptvprivateserver.is

NFPS Website Hispana: http://servidoriptvprivado.is

NFPS Foro Hispano: http://servidordeiptv.is

E-Mail: [email protected]
See more
See less

Why the ISP lock?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the ISP lock?

One of the reasons I got a Fire TV Stick and sideloaded Kodi was so that I could take MY tv with me when I travel (that way I don't have to hope that hotel has the channels I want). The ISP lock was nonexistent a year ago, so I'm curious as to why there is one now? As long as the reset works, it's not a big deal, but I am curious.

It is a security measure.It helps stop unwanted users from logging on to the server.
    https://papiao.is/main/search_nfps

Comment

While I'm waiting for the payment gateways to work, I've been doing some reading....Is it truly an ISP lock or is it an IP lock? If it is an IP lock then that would mean that those with dynamic IPs will need to reset every time their IP changes, correct?

Comment

• Dodgeit
        Dodgeit commented
        Editing a comment
        It is a isp lock as far as i know

The following is included in the thread that has the link to the papiao search form:

c/p

IMPORTANT: All MAC address are locked to the internet service provider (ISP) detected at first login, if you switch to another provider or are experiencing any problem with the IPTV feel free to do an IPTV reset using this form

end c/p

If you are using the service while traveling there is a good chance you will be switching from one ISP to another = RESET!

Comment

Originally posted by EMULATOR View Post
        The following is included in the thread that has the link to the papiao search form:

c/p

IMPORTANT: All MAC address are locked to the internet service provider (ISP) detected at first login, if you switch to another provider or are experiencing any problem with the IPTV feel free to do an IPTV reset using this form

end c/p

If you are using the service while traveling there is a good chance you will be switching from one ISP to another = RESET!
        That has nothing to do with my question, which has already been answered.

Comment

Your question in post 3 was whether or not it was an IP lock, or an ISP lock.

Comment

Originally posted by JoKeRz WilD View Post
            Your question in post 3 was whether or not it was an IP lock, or an ISP lock.
            Emulator was referring to my OP since he/she referred to my traveling.

My second question, post #3, has been answered with a "belief," but nothing firm. From what I've read in other posts it actually appears to be an IP lock. Others seem to have to reset when their dynamic IP changes.

Comment

Originally posted by iaswede View Post
              While I'm waiting for the payment gateways to work, I've been doing some reading....Is it truly an ISP lock or is it an IP lock? If it is an IP lock then that would mean that those with dynamic IPs will need to reset every time their IP changes, correct?
              Primarily my response was to your post No. 3 quoted above.

Exactly as you stated above when Dodgeit replied to your question in ref to it being an ISP or IP lock he stated "as far as I know"

The reason I posted was to replace any possible doubt about the ISP / IP question by doing a c/p of the ADMIN'S post located elsewhere on the site. It was posted NOT ONLY FOR YOU but for others who may read this thread

Since you mentioned using the service while traveling I felt a reminder to those who also utilized the service while traveling that it is probable that this will cause them to change ISPs and that they will need to reset their donation with each ISP change.

I didn't respond to your initial question about having to do a reset when those having a dynamic IP# have it change because I did have have have any factual information.

It is likely that they use a clients IP# to identify their ISP. This is just one of numerous security protocols to keep unauthorized people from using the service.

Although an assumption on my part I would say that it is very likely that a change in IP# would require a reset. My experience with the various ISPs that I have utilized over the past couple of decades is that even though my IP#'s are dynamic they rarely change as they just continue to use the same IP address as the leases continuously end and are renewed.

Sounds like you are calling me out on my post for some reason and you are wrong it does have something to do with your question.

IMHO it is inappropriate to make a post such as you did in #5. When someone responds to questions in a forum such as this and does so with the intent to help and provide accurate information most members appreciate it. Seems you attitude is different

Comment

Working...
              X