Announcement

Collapse

NEW NFPS WEBSITES & EMAIL

In order to serve you better we have moved our websites to the following domain names:

Papiao: https://papiao.is

NFPS Main Site: https://iptvprivateserver.is

NFPS Website Hispana: http://servidoriptvprivado.is

NFPS Foro Hispano: http://servidordeiptv.is

E-Mail: [email protected]
See more
See less

Problems with Mag 254 to run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Mag 254 to run

I have a Mag 254 that runs well on my Vizio TV, but when I try to run it on my Cousin Sansui TV, I get a message "Not Supported". So I called the Sansui TV Company and was told that their TV will only support up to 720 Resolution. So I when to the System Setting then to Video and changed the setting to 720 -60 and Graphic Resolution 1280 X 720. and tried it on my Vizio and it worked, but when I took it to my cousin house and tried it on the Sansui and got the same message "Not Supported" Maybe I didn't do it right. Can you offer me some suggestions on how to set up the Mag 254 for a TV that has a 720 Res. max. Also my cousin has a Amazon Fire Stick on this TV and it works OK and so we unplugged it and connected the Mag Box to that HDMI port but still would not Work. Thank for any Hellp Nadman.

Try this...
    https://iptvzeta.is/forum/nfps-iptv-...video-on-a-mag
    https://papiao.is/main/search_nfps

Comment

try different HDMI cable and HDMI port on that TV.
      All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Nadman View Post
        I have a Mag 254 that runs well on my Vizio TV, but when I try to run it on my Cousin Sansui TV, I get a message "Not Supported". So I called the Sansui TV Company and was told that their TV will only support up to 720 Resolution. So I when to the System Setting then to Video and changed the setting to 720 -60 and Graphic Resolution 1280 X 720. and tried it on my Vizio and it worked, but when I took it to my cousin house and tried it on the Sansui and got the same message "Not Supported" Maybe I didn't do it right. Can you offer me some suggestions on how to set up the Mag 254 for a TV that has a 720 Res. max. Also my cousin has a Amazon Fire Stick on this TV and it works OK and so we unplugged it and connected the Mag Box to that HDMI port but still would not Work. Thank for any Hellp Nadman.
        Most STB's have an internal memory retention battery, that facilitates saving of all system settings.
        They usually last for 2-3 years, after that you will have to enter your settings every time you lose power for extended periods.

Normally, your Video settings would be retained, so if your unit is old, this is the cause of your problems, ...probably!

Comment

How does one spot that internal battery? I've had many STBs open and have not seen a battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Shooty View Post

Most STB's have an internal memory retention battery, that facilitates saving of all system settings.
            They usually last for 2-3 years, after that you will have to enter your settings every time you lose power for extended periods.

Normally, your Video settings would be retained, so if your unit is old, this is the cause of your problems, ...probably!
            I must be one of the rare cases of having a Mag254 last for 5 years.

Comment

plus a Backup device is a good idea I have an Nvidia Shield as a backup, just wish I could find a Reliable "Dumb"TV these "Smart"TVs are killing me.

Comment

try selecting “Auto” in the video output mode setting

Comment

Originally posted by Gabacho View Post
                  How does one spot that internal battery? I've had many STBs open and have not seen a battery.
                  You are correct, and i assumed info in my post to be factual, only from years of computer experience, and thus being the cause of many problems, the symptoms, being exactly the same.
                  My apologies for posting unconfirmed information, but just an assumption.
                  /shooty

Comment

Make sure both are set to NTSC (Not PAL)

Comment

Working...
                    X