Announcement

Collapse

NEW NFPS WEBSITES & EMAIL

In order to serve you better we have moved our websites to the following domain names:

Papiao: https://papiao.is

NFPS Main Site: https://iptvprivateserver.is

NFPS Website Hispana: http://servidoriptvprivado.is

NFPS Foro Hispano: http://servidordeiptv.is

E-Mail: [email protected]
See more
See less

PPV - Star Wars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPV - Star Wars

The audio is great but no video is coming out. Can NFPS tech team fix the PPV channel, please?
    MAG254
    portal 2, using a MAC addy
    D/L: 100 Mbps
    hardwired

It seems to be playing fine on some boxes, not sure why those of us with MAG's have issues, maybe the video encoding is one that our units can't handle.

Comment

• Dodgeit
      Dodgeit commented
      Editing a comment
      Most likely that is the problem.Should be time to almost retire the old mags.You can't even trust they will give you a update that will work or block servers.

Originally posted by micro View Post
    It seems to be playing fine on some boxes, not sure why those of us with MAG's have issues, maybe the video encoding is one that our units can't handle.
    Are you saying for sure that some newer boxes can view the PPV Channel - Star Wars without issue? What are those boxes? Please confirm those boxes. Or the issue is from the source it self?

Comment

I believe the ones affected with this issue are mags

Comment

Originally posted by DiZ4me View Post

Are you saying for sure that some newer boxes can view the PPV Channel - Star Wars without issue? What are those boxes? Please confirm those boxes. Or the issue is from the source it self?
        Working fine, buzz 4000xrs, Dreamlink T3. Pretty sure has something to do with default video player. I don't have a mag but I thought I read you can't change the video player? It was the same thing using stb emu, some of the ppv worked and some didn't but if you used external media player everything was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Reaper View Post

Working fine, buzz 4000xrs, Dreamlink T3. Pretty sure has something to do with default video player. I don't have a mag but I thought I read you can't change the video player? It was the same thing using stb emu, some of the ppv worked and some didn't but if you used external media player everything was fine.
          Thank you Grim for confirming other boxes are working fine playing the PPV2-Star Wars..

trying to understand, so only the PPV 2 content has different video format that MAG254 does not support?

I went to MAG video settings and did not find any options to change video player settings aside from the video output and others.

Comment

Thank you Grim for confirming other boxes are working fine playing the PPV2-Star Wars..

trying to understand, so only the PPV 2 content has different video format that MAG254 does not support?

I went to MAG video settings and did not find any options to change video player settings aside from the video output and others.
            Yes there are updates all the time for files and different formats.I don't think a mag has the option to change players.Where as other box's do.It's always good to keep up with a newer box once in a while.Like i have told many others you will have a way better experience with a newer box.Especially something with a bit more memory.There is a big difference in video quality also.
            Yes it sucks and you are better off getting a new box at least once a year or so.The buzz team has been good at putting up updates.Mags i think have run there course especially since they said if they got infringement reports they will block servers.I would say thats kinda like shooting themselves in the foot.I mean if it wasn't for servers like the one here what good are their boxes? No one would buy them.

https://papiao.is/main/search_nfps

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgeit View Post
              Yes there are updates all the time for files and different formats.I don't think a mag has the option to change players.Where as other box's do.It's always good to keep up with a newer box once in a while.Like i have told many others you will have a way better experience with a newer box.Especially something with a bit more memory.There is a big difference in video quality also.
              Yes it sucks and you are better off getting a new box at least once a year or so.The buzz team has been good at putting up updates.Mags i think have run there course especially since they said if they got infringement reports they will block servers.I would say thats kinda like shooting themselves in the foot.I mean if it wasn't for servers like the one here what good are their boxes? No one would buy them.
              I think the logical explanation as to why MAG254 has issue in playing the Star Wars video content on PPV channels in this particular case is: the video file/stream of that particular movie is with a higher video codec H.265 (HEVC).

BuZz box 4000 XRS and Dreamlink T3 support H.265 HEVC while the older boxes like MAG254 only support up to H.264.

I do not think something to do with the memory you have implied.

Would be great if NFPS team can convert the video file of this particular video steam file at a 1-step lower to support H.264 so most peeps can view. I think most of boxes can play H.264 and below.

Comment

I think the logical explanation as to why MAG254 has issue in playing the Star Wars video content on PPV channels in this particular case is: the video file/stream of that particular movie is with a higher video codec H.265 (HEVC).

BuZz box 4000 XRS and Dreamlink T3 support H.265 HEVC while the older boxes like MAG254 only support up to H.264.

I do not think something to do with the memory you have implied.

Would be great if NFPS team can convert the video file of this particular video steam file at a 1-step lower to support H.264 so most peeps can view. I think most of boxes can play H.264 and below.
                Yes you are right. It is codecs thats causing the problem.Memory , makes a big difference in how the box operates.Let say me give you a instance.Last night i was watching a channel I believe it was 192. All of a sudden it looped, well after it looped it i went right back to the show and never missed a beat. Same thing if there is some freezing issues here and there boxes with more memory wont miss a beat.Where as if this happens on a mag you seem to miss a lot of the show. So yes memory has a big play in iptv.
                As for NFPS re coding shows it won't happen they are supplied by outside links. I can bet if you bought a better box you wouldn't regret it. It's like comparing a weed to a nice juicy fruit.Best thing i ever did was use the old mag for a door stop and i'm sure many others would agree.

Comment

I agree with you Dodgeit.
                  All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Just an FYI...,
                    *StarWars > Encoding is HEVC, also known as H.265 and MPEG-H Part 2 @ 1920x800p / 2.41 AR /30.0 FPS
                    *Gemini Man > Encoding is AVC, H.264, or MPEG-4 Part 10 @ 1920x1040p / 1.85 AR / 58.8(60) FPS
                    *Irishman > Encoding is AVC, H.264, or MPEG-4 Part 10 @ 1920x1040p / 1.85 AR / 24.0 FPS

Most new Android STB's will have Hardware Decoders in the GPU for this compression format, and if not, most Quad processor systems can handle the process using software.

Comment

Originally posted by Shooty View Post
                      Just an FYI...,
                      *StarWars > Encoding is HEVC, also known as H.265 and MPEG-H Part 2 @ 1920x800p / 2.41 AR /30.0 FPS
                      *Gemini Man > Encoding is AVC, H.264, or MPEG-4 Part 10 @ 1920x1040p / 1.85 AR / 58.8(60) FPS
                      *Irishman > Encoding is AVC, H.264, or MPEG-4 Part 10 @ 1920x1040p / 1.85 AR / 24.0 FPS

Most new Android STB's will have Hardware Decoders in the GPU for this compression format, and if not, most Quad processor systems can handle the process using software.
                      They need something that mags don't even come close to.

Comment

my mag 322 doesn't have a problem with watching channel 602 where the star wars movie is now showing but my mag 254 does..so it's not all the mag boxes..
                        "all i know is that i don't know anything"

Comment

Originally posted by yanichingas View Post
                          my mag 322 doesn't have a problem with watching channel 602 where the star wars movie is now showing but my mag 254 does..so it's not all the mag boxes..
                          That's right.
                          Regarding the Codecs and the video compression, the OLD MAG's came out before the format was even introduced, so obviously there will be a problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X