Announcement

Collapse

NEW NFPS WEBSITES & EMAIL

In order to serve you better we have moved our websites to the following domain names:

Papiao: https://papiao.is

NFPS Main Site: https://iptvprivateserver.is

NFPS Website Hispana: http://servidoriptvprivado.is

NFPS Foro Hispano: http://servidordeiptv.is

E-Mail: [email protected]
See more
See less

PORTAL vs INNER PORTAL MEDIA PLAYER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PORTAL vs INNER PORTAL MEDIA PLAYER

MAG 254
    After many years and countless video reformating I just discovered something rather interesting - at least to someone who downloads lots of videos.

Using the media player on the Portal Main Menu to play videos saved on a USB Memory Stick it would not recognize .flv videos. In fact they wouldn't even show up on the list of menu items nor do they play on any of my DVD players which are 8 or 9 years old and limited to MPEG 1 & 2 and AVI.

Which left me as an alternative other then watching them on my PC I would have to convert them to another format and it was a rather cumbersome effort to have to reformat probably more then half my downloaded videos.

Then I happened to go to the INNER PORTAL and noted they also had a MEDIA PLAYER. I was under the impression it was the same as the one in the PORTAL so I never tried it. On a whim I put in a memory stick that had more then a few .flv formated videos and wam bam thank you mam they all showed up as menu items. So I clicked on one and it played flawlessly so now I have a way to play my .flv formated videos without the hassle of converting them to a different format.

Now after writing that and happy for my discovery - I was thinking that Kens or somebody will probably inform me about this neat app that I can download and it plays all formats including .flv -

Well they don't call me stupido for nothing - should have thought of it long ago before I reformated about half a terrabyte of videos.

Thanks for your discovery. I was not aware of this MAG254 app that could play .flv format video file. I’ve been a user since day one but I was just only using MAG to watch IPTV, VODs and sometimes using the YouTube app.
    By the way, can you use MAG’s Media app to download videos off the net? Or just for playing back downloaded .flv video files? Once I’m home I’ll try to play around on my MAG

Comment

I'm not sure whether content can be downloaded directly from the net but I think that you would get a much greater download speed by dl it to your pc first.

I've found that the majority of my downloads are either in the .flv format or are MP4's which is understanable since MPG's and AVI's are about ten times the size for the same content.

Comment

I just tried the MAG’s Media app to access my shared folder in my PC. My PC file shared folder containing .ts, mp4, jpeg (video & photo files) I’m able to play them all in my MAG. So no need to copy files into the USB flash drive and place in the USB port of MAG. It saves some time and extra steps. Cool feature

Comment

Well never even thought of that - I will try it tomorrow and see if it works for me

Comment

I feel a little guilty now, in that I've known about the inner portal media player for quite awhile now since I got my T1 Plus. In fact, that's all I use my MAG for now. I never mentioned it because I just assumed everyone else knew how good it was. But my MAG still tries to boot to the NFPS portal first. Does anyone remember how to make the MAG boot to the inner portal ? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by gunfighter View Post
              ...But my MAG still tries to boot to the NFPS portal first. Does anyone remember how to make the MAG boot to the inner portal ? Thanks.
              Try going to the server settings and remove the portal 1 URL to the NFPS server and save and reboot. See if that works

Comment

Originally posted by diz4me View Post

try going to the server settings and remove the portal 1 url to the nfps server and save and reboot. See if that works
                well it probably will work when he boots up he will automatically go to the innerportal since it will be the only one he has on his machine
                the only problem with that is if he wants to use the service he will have to replace the url info for iptv

if it boots to the nfps portal (there is a reminder when it starts to boot to the portal to hit a key - don't remember which and you can stop it from booting to a portal and you will be given a choice

but if it boots to nfps portal just go to settings and select that and scroll down and you will see an item to go to the inner portal click on it and wam bam thank you mam you are at the inner portal in the blink of an ? And you have various apps you can choose from including the player

Comment

Working...
                X