Announcement

Collapse

NEW NFPS WEBSITES & EMAIL

In order to serve you better we have moved our websites to the following domain names:

Papiao: https://papiao.is

NFPS Main Site: https://iptvprivateserver.is

NFPS Website Hispana: http://servidoriptvprivado.is

NFPS Foro Hispano: http://servidordeiptv.is

E-Mail: [email protected]
See more
See less

T6 Kodi IPTV Stalker Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T6 Kodi IPTV Stalker Question

My sister bought a T6 and I am trying to help her out. Anyone know what ver of the Stalker Client she would need for Kodi iptv to work.She has no dish outside set up yet so just iptv streaming for now.Also,I have a T1 and wonder if the dreamonline app would work on the T6.

Originally posted by NIK1 View Post
    My sister bought a T6 and I am trying to help her out. Anyone know what ver of the Stalker Client she would need for Kodi iptv to work.She has no dish outside set up yet so just iptv streaming for now.Also,I have a T1 and wonder if the dreamonline app would work on the T6.
    No the dream online app will not work.You can uses Stalker Client with in Kodi.
    https://iptvzeta.is/forum/nfps-iptv-...p-instructions.
    I think i was reading you can update Kodi to 16.1 but the iks will not work.To be honest she is better off buying a T1 or a mag as the T6 is not the best from what i have read.

https://papiao.is/main/search_nfps

Comment

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know what is the Stalker Client version, she tells me it shows 2 of them. There is a video add on IPTV Stalker ver 1.00 and a PVR client Stalker ver 1.08-pvr.stalker.Which stalker client are you suppose to install, the PVR add on or the Video add on.

Comment

Remove or disable the IPTV Stalker.
        "Stalker Client" is the one you want. Version is 1.08

Comment

Thanks for the info, she got it working with the Stalker Client you mentioned.

Comment

Does anyone know if the t6 comes with a pvr client to use with iptv , mine came with kodi helix 14.1 and some "Tv HTSP Client ? i tried entering server info there but it didnt work is there a way to add stakler client to the t6? thanx in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgeit View Post
              No the dream online app will not work.You can uses Stalker Client with in Kodi.
              https://iptvzeta.is/forum/nfps-iptv-...p-instructions.
              I think i was reading you can update Kodi to 16.1 but the iks will not work.To be honest she is better off buying a T1 or a mag as the T6 is not the best from what i have read.
              I realized now that T6 is not a good choice b/c I've tried to upgrade Kodi to 16.1 but it doesn't allow me. It doesn't let me uninstall the pre-installed Kodi in the bin either (ver 15.0).

I don't mind losing the IKS since it's useless now anyway. Could you please let me know how to update Kodi to 16.1 on the T6? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Comment

• Dodgeit
                Dodgeit commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't think it can be done.Who knows, you may never be able to seems how they stopped support since many clone were made.Maybe it can be but you will not be able to use the receiver for both

Originally posted by NIK1 View Post
              Thanks for the info, she got it working with the Stalker Client you mentioned.
              Can you let me know how you or your sister got it work? An instruction would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

I signed up here just to help out on this topic because there is much confusion and the Dreamlink T6 integrating satellite receiving features into an older version of Kodi just adds to it. First, some quick and dirty generalizing... the specifics may not be 100% technically accurate, but the gist of it is. If you get bored, skip to the bolded text.

On the T6, there's the Kodi ap running on top of the Android operating system in much the same way a program runs on windows operating system. So Kodi is a program but behaves much like an operating system because you can run things on top of that.... add-ons, etc. Why state the obvious here? Because people should be aware that when live tv is integrated into kodi, that is what the whole 'stalker' pvr thing is about. The 'stalker' plug ins work in conjunction with Kodi such that you get a new TV tab IN KODI when functioning properly. Nice. Otherwise you are using an STB (set top box) emulator program which actually does not run on top of kodi but on android itself. Using the emulator programs you are basically temporarily exiting Kodi, and launching a new program from Android that emulates pretty decently the set top boxes. (Much the same way you can leave Kodi to run Angry Birds or Fruit Ninja and then switch back to the Kodi application.) The guides look different and the interfaces are different between the STB emulators and the stalker interface under Kodi. Sometimes remote control functions working under kodi, and therefore will work with the stalker integration will cease to work with the STB emulators. Personally I feel the STB emulators are more buggy and harder to set up than the stalker clients. Anyhow, I may not be explaining it the best because this is just background on what "stalker" vs. "emulator" actually is. Seems most don't know. (Don't know what the hell 'stalker' supposed to mean anyway... should have been called 'iptv within Kodi app".) Ask questions and people will here will answer if the distinction is not 100% clear, but you NEED to know the distinction between going further when discussing the T6. This is because the emulator WILL work with the Dreamlink T6 original or clone, but the stalker clients will not.

People will jump in and answer your question about how to get stalker set up with Kodi, but they are overlooking the fact that you have a Dreamlink T6, either original or clone, and stalker will not work as the box comes from the seller. It may never work. Here's why. The Dreamlink T6 is a satellite box as well as a Kodi box. Someone essentially hard coded the satellite functions to work with Kodi 14. Then Kodi 15. These are about a year old or more. We are now on Kodi 16, soon to be on Kodi 17, but the software for the T6 is stuck at 14 and 15. You can do a workaround and upgrade your box to Kodi 16 and later 17, but you will lose your satellite function because no one has written the satellite function to work with Kodi 16 or above. And the problem is twofold. When you go to add a stalker program, some variants will advise it works only with 16 and above, etc. and your T6 with satellite function is stuck at Kodi 15 and below. But most of these stalker programs WOULD work with 15 and the T6 has satellite integrated Kodi 15 out. So no problem, right? Wrong.

When you install pvr stalker of any type, it will not work because the pvr stalker is what brings the live iptv function to fruition under a tv tab. With this satellite box, the T6, they have this pvr headend program that somehow makes those sat channels work under the tv tab INSTEAD, not in addition to iptv channels. This pvr headend add on was added specifically to make the satellite function work. You can install the a pvr stalker variant but it will be disabled as soon as you enable the live tv because the T6 wants to use that headend program instead. There is some programming method to disable that pvr headend program but you will lose your sat function in that case.

So what is the point of this diatribe? The point is that if you buy a Dreamlink T6 you will be forever stuck at the year-old Kodi 15 and not be able to upgrade it to the most recent Kodi 16 or now 17 because if you do, you lose your sat function. And if you lose that, what was the point of paying near $100 for a clone, or much more for an original, when you can get the same performing hardware for $30 or less? (Incidentally, best I can tell, the T6 does not even do H265 which my $30 box does, so all of the stored content I have in that format will not play.) You CAN use Kodi 15 just fine, still have your sat function and use one of the emulator programs, but I personally have had some problems with remote control issues, the guide looks different, I cannot get the provider I want to use working under an emulator, etc. My personal preference is then to use a stalker client under Kodi, rather than exiting out of Kodi to a STB emu program (not as difficult as it sounds, you are really just have one program 'idling' in the background while running another.) Unless newer files are released by the Korean people who make the original T6, or the Chinese who clone them, my suggestion is just to BUY SOMETHING OTHER THAN THE T6.... preferably just two different boxes, one that does sat and one that does Kodi. You will have maximum flexibility. You can upgrade Kodi anytime you want, get upgrades that go with the latest version of Kodi and then just hit your input button when you want to watch sat.

I tell you this because I bought a T6 (a clone) and the only reason to do so was that it seemed like it was going to be good to buy 'one box that does both Kodi and sat seamlessly'. Didn't work for me and I'd like to hear from anyone that it did work for. Sure, someone will now pop on and say "works great for me, because I can watch sat and then use STB emulation to watch iptv". Sure, but as I said I think the emulators are more 'buggy' than the stalker function under Kodi. And, most importantly you are stuck at Kodi 15 unless you want to lose your sat features. Kodi 16 was released in stable form a year ago and the manufacturer of this 'cutting edge' box did not even bother to pay a programmer to put the satellite function into Kodi 16. There may never be another software release, if that is any indication. (Best I can tell, their 'upgrade' from Kodi 14 to Kodi 15 came at a time when Kodi 16 had already been released.) And more and more add ons that require 'the latest Kodi' will be unusable to you. So what is the point of buying this box? Anyone?

PS (And these guys who go around in the various Dreamlink T6 sub forums and say "This box work good! Best I ever have. You buy NOW!"" Well, you can guess who they are.)

Comment

i guess we will have to wait for some type of upgrade for t6 that will allow the use of both iks & iptv. but for now we are using t6 for iks and android box for iptv unless there is some other box that really does both? anyone?

Comment

• Dodgeit
                    Dodgeit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are better off buying and using 2 separate boxes.As for updates for the T6 why would the manufacture put out firmware for the T6 if you read the post above yours he clearly states he bought a clone so thats where the problem comes in.

hey dodgeit i just saw your old message about the t6 yeah he has a clone , i returned my first one because they sold it as an original , but i now have a true original it works great but it came with kodi 15.0 and you can only use it for iks or iptv but not both.... so im still using 2 boxes (one for each)...

Comment

I have a T6 also and its on Kodi 15.0 and 363 bin file I can't update kodi at all just shows error message about An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed. Anyway to get stalker client working. Iks is probably down for good I need to watch TV again, any help much appreciated

Comment

You are better off buying a new iptv box then to try and use the T6.You won't be happy with the results.I would suggest buying a Buzz box or wait till the new Dreamlink box comes out.
                      https://papiao.is/main/search_nfps

Comment

Thanks but I spent a lot of money on this box to use it for iks or IPTV so I wanna convert to IPS how did that guy get his wife's going and I can't get mine. Its not a clone its an original box

Comment

• Dodgeit
                          Dodgeit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hey i'm not trying to convince you of anything. Your the one that will have to put up with the amount of freezing and just crap video.I'm sure you paid allot of money for it but it's not a good box for iptv period and i'm sure there is many that will agree with me.It's just a box that could have been.

Dont use Stalker.
                        Switch to generic m3u w/options Playlist access method.
                        Use Kodi with PVR IPTV Simple Client
                        /kens
                        I am not a "BOT"!

Comment

Working...
                        X