Announcement

Collapse

NEW NFPS WEBSITES & EMAIL

In order to serve you better we have moved our websites to the following domain names:

Papiao: https://papiao.is

NFPS Main Site: https://iptvprivateserver.is

NFPS Website Hispana: http://servidoriptvprivado.is

NFPS Foro Hispano: http://servidordeiptv.is

E-Mail: [email protected]
See more
See less

Buying a new dreamlink t6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a new dreamlink t6

Hi guys I am thinking of buying a new box. I was wondering if somebody in the forum has one of this and could tell me if they work good.
    I want to be able to use kodi for IPTV and iks at the moment I have a t5 and it works great but having 2 in 1 would be nice

Now I am open for a different box even if it is just iks as long as it is a good iks box. I already have an Android box and would like to have an FTA box for the beedroom

Comment

If you already have a t5, i wouldnt spend the money on the t6. Get yourself a nice little android for less than 100. 2 in 1 is nice but not worth the money.

And since you already have an android box, another t5 for the bedroom will work! lol
      IPTV RESET & DONATION CHECKER

Donate for IPTV Service

Order Status

Private Message

Comment

Yeah I guess u r right another t5 would be nice but it is discontinued. Any recommendation for a few box I heard ilink are good.

P.s I like the hd quality of the FTA box and less buffering

Comment

i think patriot still sells the dreamlink t5?

Donate for IPTV Service

Order Status

Private Message

Comment

Yeah I found a few I just want to try another good FTA box

Comment

I would stick with the t5 and buy another one, but the ilink does work. 9500, 9600 still running fine!

Donate for IPTV Service

Order Status

Private Message

Comment

Thanks nightmare

Comment

Don't listen to him, he doesn't even have a T6... I have had a T6 since last summer and it is the best receiver I have ever had. I have owned an iLink 9500 and T5 and many others and I would not trade my T6 for any of them.
                  It has more settings than any other box out there and you can customize it however you want, all the kodi addons you could ever use plus you can search media on your network. I have my PC set up as a plex server so I can access any videos.
                  The downsides are it is difficult to setup when you are unfamiliar with it, and I had issues with both iptv stalker and STBemu. I had them both working but could not get the guide to work on stalker and STBemu usually crashes kodi on startup and takes a few tries to get it to start. It also has channels that didn't work that were working on my MAG, and the stbemu software constantly needs to be updated so I just use the MAG for iptv because I have it.

Comment

you are one of the few who like this rcvr. he already has a t5 so why buy an outdated android box with no support?
                    Even the dreamlink team didnt want to release this box
                    A t1 would be a better choice

Comment

• Dodgeit
                      Dodgeit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would have to agree the T6 is pretty much useless without new updates.Once you update to the newer version of Kodi the receiver won't work with iks.

Good comments, so 8deadbanditos how is the t6 for FTA can u set it up easily and can u get the diknet channels to come Tru OK

Comment

• Dodgeit
                      Dodgeit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      For got to add i would go with the T1 also

The T6 works great for iks, the 363 file with the tp update has all the channels that changed a few months ago.
                    The kodi is version 15 and all my addons work so I don't have any reason to update kodi and lose the tv tab... maybe dreamlink will release a software update in the future but I doubt it as the paranoia on the interwebz has destroyed the iks receiver industry... I member hearing 3 years ago and 6 years ago (and also 9 years ago) that FTA was done for good and don't buy anything new because they are going to change the encoding blah blah blah ****ing doomsday preppers. LOL now we only have a couple of boxes to choose from and 90% of the receivers are made in china.

Comment

has nothing to do with paranoia....lol

Comment

I 'member back when all the SD receivers died, all the moderators in this forum were going around telling everyone not to buy a new HD box because iks would be done within a few months and every question about new receivers had 3 or 4 doomsday preppers advising people not to waste their money and some of them even had a date that it was going to be terminated... that day came and went and here we are a few years later and we have HD PPV now. LOL

Comment

So the t6 is good for FTA does it work Tru kodi or is it like u go to another screen for FTA and kodi if u want IPTV. Can u update to kodi 16
                          Is there another box that offers the same flexibility of having FTA and IPTV (kodi)

Comment

• Dodgeit
                            Dodgeit commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes it does Fta and has Kodi but i don't believe it can be updated to kodi 16.You will have more satisfaction out of a separate android with some decent memory which is a important part.
                        Working...
                        X