Announcement

Collapse

NEW NFPS WEBSITES & EMAIL

In order to serve you better we have moved our websites to the following domain names:

Papiao: https://papiao.is

NFPS Main Site: https://iptvprivateserver.is

NFPS Website Hispana: http://servidoriptvprivado.is

NFPS Foro Hispano: http://servidordeiptv.is

E-Mail: [email protected]
See more
See less

New way to pay in Canada

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redbaron1
    started a topic New way to pay in Canada

New way to pay in Canada

Just received an email from a Canadian Bitcoin business telling me that it is now possible to buy bitcoins through Canada Post using cash or a debit card. Not knowing if it is allowed to mention the web address for the business on here, You can PM me.

• scientifico
    replied
    Well, my 2yr donation is running out. I'm back. Any new (please easier) ways to re-new? I'm in Canada btw.

Leave a comment:

• Ryu1
    replied
    Originally posted by OldTester View Post
    Do you take prepaid credit card?
    as far I know the answer is no

Leave a comment:

• OldTester
    replied
    Do you take prepaid credit card?

Leave a comment:

• joneil28
    replied
    Help,try buy donations in Puerto Rico and Athena Bitcoin down and coingate not work in PRico.Need help

Leave a comment:

• dssinfo
    replied
    I used Tangerine and their system does not allow the purchase of coin.

Leave a comment:

• redbaron1
    replied
    Use your cedit card as it should work or contact them and ask that question.

Leave a comment:

• dssinfo
    replied
    Just saying MyBTC.ca is a cluster**** of stupidity. Is there any current way too pay for a sub when the user is in Canada?

Leave a comment:

• six degrees
    replied
    Originally posted by Open Sky View Post

I will give it a try tomorrow and report back.

Thanks for your help!
    If you use an online Exchange for your crypto currency transactions, then these hassles you will not see or experience again

A few online secure transactions with crypto will not get the IRS breathing down your back or anything like that. There is no chance of getting online 'hacked' if dealing with a trusted service with your own Wallet 'private key", which a trusted service will give you.
    You do not need to worry about security when going thru the authentication credentials when setting up an Exchange service, if it's secure then it's secure, same as anything we do online these days Just like online banking really. Just ensure the Exchange service is trusted and secured.

Find and use a secure trusted Exchange service, set up a private wallet, get to know how the Exchanges website works, go thru their credential verification process, link a credit card or a debit card to your Wallet/Exchange service, do your first transaction... all from your chair while at your desk.

In about 20 minutes usually maximun, I can deposit USA or CAN dollars into my wallet, it shows as US currency in my wallet with the exchange rate applied as that is how I have it set up. Then that enters into my Wallet as BTC (or whatever crypto-currency I may have bought)
    Then I use that BTC to buy something . That process is fast and simple and all done thru your online exchange and of course papiao. I may have to wait a few minutes or maybe an hour, but then I get messages from my exchange service and the vendor i bought from and I am set All from the desk here in my office.

You do not have to jump onto the crypto 'band wagon'. so to speak, but if you go thru the process to set up a Wallet and thru a trusted online Exchange service, your experiences using bitcoin (or any crypto) will be pleasant and almost seamless

just sayin'

Leave a comment:

• Open Sky
    replied
    Originally posted by six degrees View Post

is the machine asking for a specific amount of canadian dollars after you scan the code ?
    The code will have the correct amount of BTC so whatever the amount of dollars it is asking for will cover the BTC amount.
    But before you scan that code, I would generate a new one at the papiao site because BTC is volatile and the value may have changed since last you visited papiao
    I will give it a try tomorrow and report back.

Thanks for your help!

Leave a comment:

• six degrees
    replied

Thank you for your help! So let me understand this:

1) I get the QR code from the NFPS website.
    2) The bitcoin ATM scans the QR code on my phone.
    3) I deposit cash into the bitcoin ATM until I reach the donation (example for 0.00546 BTC).

My concern is that the bitcoin ATM doesn't display the deposit in bitcoin but rather in dollars.
    is the machine asking for a specific amount of canadian dollars after you scan the code ?
    The code will have the correct amount of BTC so whatever the amount of dollars it is asking for will cover the BTC amount.
    But before you scan that code, I would generate a new one at the papiao site because BTC is volatile and the value may have changed since last you visited papiao

Leave a comment:

• Open Sky
    replied
    Originally posted by six degrees View Post

bitcoin currency itself is neither Canadian dollars nor US dollars, it's a crypto currency and has it's own value... bitcoin = BTC
    One bitcoin is currently worth about $45,000 USD or whatever that is in Canadian. But it's still one bitcoin.
    So if NFPS are asking as example for 0.00546 BTC as their price, then you pay what ever is needed in Canadian or in US dollars to get to that amount of BTC (bitcoin).
    Thank you for your help! So let me understand this:

1) I get the QR code from the NFPS website.
    2) The bitcoin ATM scans the QR code on my phone.
    3) I deposit cash into the bitcoin ATM until I reach the donation (example for 0.00546 BTC).

My concern is that the bitcoin ATM doesn't display the deposit in bitcoin but rather in dollars.

Leave a comment:

• six degrees
    replied
    I am located in Canada and found a bitcoin ATM that will accept cash. Here is my problem. The NFPS donation is in USA dollars but the bitcoin ATM only displays Canadian.

Simply put, I have no idea how much Canadian currency I have to deposit to reach the NFPS donation.

Thanks
    bitcoin currency itself is neither Canadian dollars nor US dollars, it's a crypto currency and has it's own value... bitcoin = BTC
    One bitcoin is currently worth about $45,000 USD or whatever that is in Canadian. But it's still one bitcoin.
    So if NFPS are asking as example for 0.00546 BTC as their price, then you pay what ever is needed in Canadian or in US dollars to get to that amount of BTC (bitcoin).

Leave a comment:

• Open Sky
    replied
    I am located in Canada and found a bitcoin ATM that will accept cash. Here is my problem. The NFPS donation is in USA dollars but the bitcoin ATM only displays Canadian.

Simply put, I have no idea how much Canadian currency I have to deposit to reach the NFPS donation.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• jpg11
    replied
    Has anyone used Coinsmart in Canada?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X